ONLINE | SCA Roasting Foundation
The Roasting Foundation course gives the learner an understanding of the roasting process, including the physical changes that take place during the process, and how to control sensory aspects of the coffee by roasting light or dark. Learners will also gain an understanding of the basic structure of the roasting machine, and general maintenance and fire prevention.
This course can be delivered in person, by distance learning, or as a combination of both.
• All distance learning courses are delivered by our Authorised SCA Trainer through live instruction via google hangout.
• Distance learning instruction is delivered in 2 sessions. Each session is 3 hours.
• Class size is limited to 4 persons.
• Our trainer will observe (virtually or in-person) performance of the activities listed.
• Our trainer may choose to work with learners using their own equipment, but the course is designed to allow learners to complete the course without home equipment.
• Our instructor will demonstration how to use the machine, skill technique and others tips.
Written Exam Information:
Total Questions: 20
Total Time Allowed: 32 minutes
Passing Score: 60%
Practical Objectives and Activities
• This Foundation course does not include a practical exam. However, there are practical learning objectives.
• Our Trainer will guide you in these activities as long as it helps the learner achieve the relevant objectives.
• While conducting these activities, our Trainer will evaluate the learner’s comprehension of the practical objectives in order to complete the CSP Course Skills Report.
• Training kit will courier to your home (Courier fees not included)
• Worksheet/ handout can be download from our drives.
• Continue online support.
CSP Course Skills Report
Our Instructor will complete a CSP Course Skills Report for each learner, reporting the level of competency in specific practical objectives in preparation for the Intermediate level course. Learner will receive a copy of the report.
Course Date: 26 Jul 20, 6 Sep 20
Time: 10:00- 12:30, 2:30pm-5:00pm (GMT+8)
AST Trainer: Sylvia Tan (International Coffee Jury)
*Oversea learners can email to discuss the online webinar with our trainer for different time zone.
Please confirm the class with payment in 2 weeks before the training date. So we have enough time to ship your training kit. For oversea learners, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for shipping cost.