ONLINE | SCA Brewing Foundation
The Brewing Foundation course introduces the learner to the different methods of brewing coffee. The learner will receive theoretical and practical hands-on instruction for a range of devices including automatic and manual gravity brewers, as well as other commonly used brewers within their local culture. Learners will also explore how to produce a tasty brew based on an understanding of the essential brewing elements and an analysis of their brew results.
This course can be delivered in person, by distance learning, or as a combination of both.
• All distance learning courses must be delivered by our Authorised SCA Trainer through live instruction via google hangout.
• Distance learning instruction is delivered in 2 sessions. Each session time 2:30 hours.
• Class size is limited to 4 persons.
• Our Trainer will observe (virtually or in-person) performance of the activities listed.
• Our Trainer may choose to work with learners using their own equipment, but the course is designed to allow learners to complete the course without home equipment.
Online Written Exam:
Total Questions: 30
Time Allowed: 32 minutes
Passing Score: 60%
Practical Objectives and Activities:
• This Foundation course does not include a practical exam. However, there are practical learning objectives.
• Our Trainer will guide you in these activities as long as it helps the learner achieve the relevant objectives.
• While conducting these activities, our Trainer will evaluate the learner’s comprehension of the practical objectives in order to complete the CSP Course Skills Report.
• Training kit will courier to your home (Courier fees not included)
• Worksheet/ handout can be download from our drives.
• Continue online support.
CSP Course Skills Report
Our Instructor will complete a CSP Course Skills Report for each learner, reporting the level of competency in specific practical objectives in preparation for the Intermediate level course. Learner will receive a copy of the report.
Course Date: 9 Aug 20
Time: 10:00-12:30 & 2:30pm-5:00pm (GMT+8)
AST Trainer: Sam Tan (International Award-winning Barista)
*Oversea learners can email to discuss the online webinar with our trainer for different time zone.
Please confirm the class with payment in 2 weeks before the training date. So we have enough time to ship your training kit. For oversea learners, please email email@example.com for shipping cost.