ONLINE | SCA Barista Foundation
The Barista Skills Foundation course focuses on the key skills required to set a grinder, make espresso and foam, and texture milk for milk coffee. This course allows one to gain an introductory understanding of the coffee itself and set a foundation from which to build practical skills for milk technique and latte art, while implementing health and safety practices and customer service.
• All distance learning courses are delivered by our Authorised SCA Trainer through live instruction via google hangout.
• Distance learning instruction is delivered in 2 sessions. Each session is 2:30 hours.
• Class size is limited to 4 persons.
• Our trainer will observe (virtually or in-person) performance of the activities listed.
• Our trainer may choose to work with learners using their own equipment, but the course is designed to allow learners to complete the course without home equipment (unless specify)
• Our instructor will demonstration how to use the machine, skill technique and our tips.
Online Written Exam Information
Total of Questions: 20
Total Time Allowed: 22 minutes
Passing Score: 60%
Practical Objectives and Activities
• This Foundation course does not include a practical exam. However, there are practical learning objectives.
• Our Trainer will guide you in these activities as long as it helps the learner achieve the relevant objectives.
• While conducting these activities, our Trainer will evaluate the learner’s comprehension of the practical objectives in order to complete the CSP Course Skills Report.
• Training kit will courier to your home (Courier fees not included)
• Worksheet/ handout can be download from our drives.
• Continue online support.
CSP Course Skills Report
Our Instructor will complete a CSP Course Skills Report for each learner, reporting the level of competency in specific practical objectives in preparation for the Intermediate level course. Learner will receive a copy of the report.
Course Date: 10 Aug 20
Time: 10:00-12:30 & 2:30pm-5:00pm (GMT+8)
AST Trainer: Sam Tan (International Award-winning Barista)
*Oversea learners can email to discuss the online webinar with our trainer for different time zone.
Please confirm the class with payment in 2 weeks before the training date. So we have enough time to ship your training kit. For oversea learners, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for shipping cost.